ABOUT RUHS Entrance Exam
The Rajasthan University of Health Science is popularly known as RUHS. The university conducts its own entrance exam test to offer the admission in its govt. colleges, private colleges/institutes affiliated to it. Candidate can get admission in various courses like MBBS, postgraduate education in medical science, dental courses, diploma courses: MDS, BDS, Nursing courses: M.Sc., B.Sc. Nursing, Post Basic B.Sc. nursing, Pharmacy courses: D. Pharm, B. Pharm, and M.Pharm.
- The UG/PGcourses offered by the university:
- Medical courses: postgraduate education in medical studies, MBBS, Diploma courses. Dental courses: MDS, BDS.
- Nursing courses: M.Sc., B.Sc. Nursing, Post basic B.Sc. nursing Paramedical science courses
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy courses, B.A.S.L.P.(Bachelor in Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology)
- Pharmacy courses: D. Pharm, B. Pharm, and M.Pharm
For the academic year 2018 – 19, RUHS is going to conduct the entrance exam for the nursing programs like B.Sc. Nursing, M.Sc. nursing, post basic B. Sc. Nursing. Here, the candidates will get the RUHS important dates, eligibility criteria, Application form, syllabus, exam pattern, etc.
|Application form availability||June 2020|
|Last date for submission of applications||July 2020|
|Admit card||August 2020|
|Date of Exam||August 2020|
|Result Declaration||September 2020|
RUHS APPLICATION PROCESS
The candidates are advised to fill the RUHS Application form before the last date. Forms submitted after the last date were not accepted. Before filling the RUHS application form candidates must read the RUHS eligibility criteria carefully.
The RUHS application fees 2018 is mentioned in the below table:
|General||INR 1500||Online (debit/credit card, net banking) or offline mode|
|SC/ST||INR 750||Online (debit/credit card, net banking) or offline mode|
Before filling the RUHS application form, candidates are advised to read the eligibility criteria carefully. The different course has different eligibility criteria. For the admission into the government and private self-financed colleges of the Rajasthan University of Health Science, candidates must fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria.
|Min. Qualification||Age Limit||Min Percentage Marks|
|XIIth or equivalent from a recognized board||Min – 17 years Max – not completed 28 Years (females) Max – not completed 25 years (male)||Gen – 45 % (PCB aggregate) SC/ST – 40 %|
- Admission is open to all residents of India, but preference will be given to the Rajasthan domicile candidate.
- Candidate must submit the medical fitness certificate at the time of admission.
- Candidates must submit the proper documents to seek the benefits of reservation. Outside Rajasthan candidates belonging to reserved category shall be allotted seats in unreserved category.
RUHS ENTRANCE EXAM PATTERN
Candidates must know the RUHS entrance exam pattern. Total 100 objective type questions will be asked from the RUHS prescribed syllabus (physics, chemistry, and biology). The RUHS exam is of 2 hours. The following table shows the RUHS entrance exam pattern.
|SUBJECTS||No. Of Questions||Marks Assigned|
|Physics||25 * 2||50|
|Chemistry||25 * 2||50|
|Biology||50 * 2||100|
|TOTAL (2 Hours)||100||200|
- Each question is of 2 marks.
- For each correct question, 2 marks is awarded to the candidate.
- There is no negative marking for the incorrect answer.
Candidates must prepare for the RUHS Exam 2018 as per the Rajasthan University of Health science prescribed syllabus for the nursing course. The syllabus is divided into 3 parts: Physics, Chemistry and biology of 11th and 12th class.
|Physics||Communication System, Vibrations and Waves, Dual nature of Matter, Electrostatics, Heat Transfer, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Light and Sound, Optics, Mechanics, Modern Physics, Atoms and Nuclei, Units and Measurements, Current Electricity, and Electromagnetic Waves|
|Chemistry||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, States of Matter, Organic Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Polymers, Elements and Compounds, Surface Chemistry, Important Concepts in Chemistry, Mixtures, Solutions and Solubility, P- Block Elements, Chemical Reactions and Bonding, The Gas Laws, Coordination Compounds, D and F Block Elements, Important Concepts in Chemistry|
|Biology||Animal Physiology, Origin and Evolution of Life, Ecology and Ecosystems, Cell Theory, Reproduction in Plant and Animals, Cell Theory, Mendel’s Law of Inheritance, Cell Structure and Function, Human Disorders, Living and Non Living, Plant Physiology and Five Kingdoms of Classification etc.|