ABOUT AIIMS PG ENTRANCE EXAM
AIIMS PG 2019 Application Form for 6 year courses of July session 2019 can be filled till 19th February 2019. AIIMS PG entrance exam is a national level examination. It is conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. It offers admission to the Postgraduate courses in MD/MS/MDS/DM/M.Ch courses. Through this entrance exam, candidates will able to get admission in various AIIMS medical colleges within India. It is conducted twice in a year, i.e January and July session. AIIMS PG 2019 Basic Registration (for July session) will be started from 6th October 2018 In this article candidates can get the AIIMS PG application form 2019 complete details.
Candidates those wish to apply for various AIIMS PG courses should fulfill the eligibility criteria given below.
For MD/MS/MDS/M.Ch (6 years)/DM (6 years) Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have MBBS or BDS degree recognized by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India.
- Internship: Candidate should be completed the 12 months of rotating internship/practical training on or before 30th January, 2019.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should secure 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST candidates) in the qualifying exam.
For DM/M.Ch. & MD (Hospital Administration):
- Age Criteria: The candidate should not be exceeded the 35 years as on 1st January 2019.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have a degree in MD/MS or DNB from a recognized university.
- Go to the official website (link is given above).
- On home page, click on ’Academic Courses’ tab and select the desired course.
- Then, click on “Registration/Login” link.
- Registration will be done in two steps, i.e., ;Basic Registration’ and ‘Final Registration’.
- After that, click on ‘Click here’ button give on New Registration section.
- Read the instructions carefully displayed on the registration page and click on ‘Proceed’ button.
- Select the options given on the page & click on “proceed” button.
- After that, candidates have to fill registration details like personal details, contact details and address details.
- Read the declaration and click on ‘Register’ button.
- On successful registration a message will appear on screen containing ‘Candidate ID’ and ’Password’.
- An Email and SMS will also be sent to registered E-mail Id and mobile number having Login credentials.
- Now, the candidate information page will be opened on screen.
- Candidates can verify their filled-in details and proceed for further registration steps.
- The final registration will be done after the closing of basic registration.
- Now, candidates have to fill the educational details. Also select the exam centre as per your preference.
- Keep the hard copy of filled-in application form till the admission process gets over.
|Starting of basic registration||18th October 2018|
|Closing of basic registration||19th February 2019|
|Status updated basic Registration & last date for correction for rejected images||26th February – 2nd March 2019|
|Final Status of Accepted Basic Registration||8th March 2019|
|Date for Generation of code (only for accepted Basic Registration candidates)||8th – 14th March 2019|
|Uploading Prospectus including seat position for Sponsored and Foreign National candidates||19th March 2019|
|Final Registration for completion of other details: Qualification, City Choices, Payment. (only for the candidates those have generated the code)||22nd March – 2nd April 2019|
|Date of Examination||5th May 2019|
For DM/M.Ch (3 years)/MD (Hospital Administrator):
- At the time of filling in AIIMS Application, candidates are required to indicate their choices there and then. The chosen city is subject to confirmation of payment of AIIMS PG fee.
- It is advised to register immediately, as the exam center will be done on the first-come-first-serve basis.
- Take utmost care while choosing the exam center for AIIMS PG 2019. This is because no request will be taken to change the same under any circumstances.
AIIMS PG 2019 July session will be conducted in 8 zones –
Zone 1 – Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh and Punjab
Zone 2 – Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand
Zone 3 – Assam, Tripura, West Bengal
Zone 4 – Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan
Zone 5 – Goa and Maharashtra
Zone 6 – Chattisgarh, Jharkhand and Odisha
Zone 7 – Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka
Zone 8 – Kerala and Tamil Nadu
Candidates must prepare for the AIIMS 2019 entrance test according to the following mentioned exam pattern:
Mode: AIIMS PG 2019 test will be organized through online mode, i.e., computer based online test.
Type of Questions: The paper will consist of the multiple choice questions (MCQs).
Number of Questions: 200 questions will be asked in MD/MS exam and 90 questions in MDS.
Duration of Exam: The time duration to complete the examination for MD/MS will be of 3 hours and for MDS it will be 90 minutes.
Medium of Exam: The language of the question paper will be in English.
The results for AIIMS PG 2019 is declared online, at the official website. On the official page lookup for AIIMS PG Result Link and click on it. A PDF file will appear, find your name and check your scores.
Important points related to AIIMS Result (July Session):
- AIIMS PG Merit List is also released at www.aiimsexams.org.
- The list is prepared on the Percentile Scores and tie-breaking criteria.
- Overall and Category-wise merit Lists shall be prepared accordingly
- Minimum Cut off score necessary in AIIMS PG to enroll in AIIMS colleges is 50th Percentile.
Method of Resolving Ties in AIIMS PG 2019
- Candidates having higher aggregate marks in MBBS/ BDS Professional Examinations shall be placed higher.
- In case there is still a tie, applicants older in age will be considered.
- Admission to all PG courses will be based on merit only.
- It will be conducted in 2 rounds and one open counselling round.
- The schedule for AIIMS PG 2019 Counselling will be uploaded on the website.
- The combined merit list will be announced by AIIMS New Delhi soon after results are declared.
- Aspirants who qualify the exam and whose name appears in the merit list will be eligible for counselling.
- These short-listed individuals will also be notified via SMS and Email.
Steps in AIIMS PG Counselling:
- Fill in a preference form
- Exercise choice filling of subject according to availability of seats in order of merit.
- Candidates securing a seat in the preferred course will not be allowed to participate in further round of counselling.
- Deposit the fees within the stipulated time to avoid cancellation of candidature.
- If a candidate does not get his first choice then he will be allowed to choose another subject provisionally.
- The provisional seat or any available will be confirmed only in the second counselling.
- Applicants who have not taken any seat provisionally can also attend the 2nd round of counselling.
Documents Required for Counselling:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- AIIMS PG 2019 Admit Card
- Qualifying Degree Mark-sheet and Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from institute last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Caste or category certificate
- Character Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
- Proof of Internship
- Demand Draft of requisite fees