ABOUT SNAP ENTRANCE EXAM
With the increasing cut-throat competition, the entrances into various colleges and schools are increasing day by day. There are several B-schools behind which students are running to get inside. Certain common examinations include CAT, MAT, JMET, GATE, SNAP and the list do not end here itself. A very well-known B-school Symbiosis conducts an entrance for the students who want to get admission in this institute. The exam that is required to be passed for Symbiosis Institute is known as SNAP.
|EXAM LEVEL||Post Graduate|
|EXAM NAME||Symbiosis National Aptitude Online Test|
|CONDUCTING BODY||Symbiosis University|
|FREQUENCY OF EXAM||1 Year|
|VALIDITY SCORE||1 Year|
It is not that easy as it may seem to you. SNAP means Symbiosis National Aptitude Test which is compulsory to be cleared before starting any course in the institute. With a proper planning and preparation, any one of you could beat the entrance of SNAP. There are certain factors that have to be kept in mind while you are attending the exam: Self-motivation, courage, capability, confidence and enthusiasm. All these factors would lead you to success and no one could ever stop you.
|CATEGORY||MINIMUM PERCENTAGE OF MARKS|
|GENERAL||50% or equivalent CGPA|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||45% or equivalent CGPA|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||45% or equivalent CGPA|
|Person with Disability(PWD) Differently Abled (DA)||45 % or equivalent CGPA|
- The minimum educational qualification for the candidate who is attempting SNAP is bachelor degree.
- The final year students or the students waiting for their final results can also fill this form.
- There is no age limit for the SNAP TEST
Though the filling of any entrance exam form is not difficult, all you must take some of the precautions while filling the application form. Filling of the SNAP application form is not as difficult to climb the Himalaya! All you need to do is:
- Visit the official Symbiosis university website and look for the SNAP registration link to fill all your name, address, date of birth, country and all the other necessary details.
- After filling all the details correctly click on “I Agree” and fill the correct CAPTCHA.
- As soon as you submit the necessary details you will get the login credentials (login Id and Password) through SMS and Email on your registered mobile number and mail ID respectively.
- By Clicking on the “Existing User” tab login on the website with the help of your login credentials.
- As soon as you login, fill up the application form by providing the correct personal details, educational qualification, work experience, programmes, Academics and all other which are essential.
- Upload your latest passport size colored photograph and your valid signature as per the given dimensions on the website.
- Upload all the necessary documents
- Select the desired Management college and desired program
(Kindly check the official website for the update)
Candidates can take idea from the 2019 application process.
SNAP ENTRANCE EXAM DATES 2020
|Registration/Payment Starts||16th August 2019|
|Registration/Payment Closes||23rd November 2019|
|Admit Card Release||2nd December 2019|
|SNAP exam date||15th December 2019|
|Answer key release||3rd week of December 2019|
|Result Declaration||10th January 2020|
|SR. NO.||NAME OF THE INSTITUTE||PROGRAM|
|1||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM, Pune)||MBA|
MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
|2||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology)|
M.Sc. (Computer Applications)
M.Sc. (System Security)
|3||Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD, Pune)||MBA|
MBA (Infrastructure Management)
MBA (Business Analytics)
|4||Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB, Pune)||MBA (International Business)|
MBA (Agri Business)
MBA (Energy & Environment)
|5||Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM, Pune)||MBA (Telecom Management)|
|6||Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS, Pune)||MBA|
|7||Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC, Pune)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|8||Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik (SIOM, Nashik)||MBA (Operations Management)|
|9||Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology Business Management)|
MBA (Data Sciences and Data Analytics)
|10||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS, Pune)||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)|
|11||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM, Bengaluru)||MBA|
|12||Symbiosis School for Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|13||Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF, Pune) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||MBA (Banking and Finance)|
|14||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)||MBA|
|15||Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS, Pune)||MBA (Sports Management)|
- Admit card must be download from the official website SNAP.
- Take a print out of the admit for future refrences
- Make ensure that the latest and color photograph must be on the admit card
- At the date of examination the admit must be carried out along with the identity proof.
- Indentity proof must be one of among them
- Driving Liscence
- Adhaar Card
- Bank Statement
- Domicile Certificate
- Pan card
SIU offer some reservation criteria for different communities which is given below:
- For General (Male/ Female)- No Reservation
- For Schedule Cast(Male/Female) – 15%
- For Schedule Tribes – &.5%
- Differently Abled – 3%
- Kashmiri Migrants – 2 seats
- International candidates – 15%
Basically, there are five sections in the question paper that are to be solved. These sections involve English Language, Verbal Ability, Reasoning, Data Interpretation and General Knowledge. Overall the total number of questions is about 100 and the gross marks are 180. Also, there is negative marketing for each incorrect answer. But, the ratio of negative marketing is 25 percent. It is a 2 hours duration examination which is to be solved with pencil. The dates for 2019 entrance have not been declared yet. You can always check it online on its website.
As it is one of the most popular tests to get admission in one of the most prestigious colleges of management, there is no as such syllabus for this exam. Yet, the analysis of the last 5 years question papers will help the candidate to know about the exam and its pattern. Here, in this table, we try to summarize the topics based on the last year’s questions asked.
|Logarithms||Inequalities||Surd and Indices|
|Time speed distance||Trigonometry||Number System|
|HCF- LCM||Profit and Loss||Work and Time|
|Geometry||In equations quadric and linear equations||Ratio and Proportions|
|Calculus||Geometry||Permutation and combination|
|Sequence series||Age Calculation||Number system, simplification, Average|
The above mentioned are the core subjects. Questions may be asked apart from these.
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (English)|
|Grammar and usages||Fill in the blanks||Para completion and inference|
|Reading comprehension||Verbal Logic||Para jumbles|
|Different uses of the same word||Verbal reasoning||Foreign language word used in English|
|Analogies||One word Substitution||Jumbled paragraphs|
|Contextual usages||Idioms||Sentence completion|
|Binary Logics||Line Graph||Combination of Graphs|
|Sets||Logical matching||Seat arrangement|
The above mentioned are some of the important topics.
|DATA INTERPRETATION AND LOGICAL REASONING|
|Caselets||Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations|
|Direction Sense||Series||Venn Diagram|
|Data Arrangements||Clocks and Calendar||Assumption|
|Data Structures||Family Tree||Statements|
- When it is about examination by hook or by crook you have to solve the answers within the given period of time. Time matters a lot for the students who are capable of solving the questions.
- As it is well said that,Practice makes a man perfect, so this is the best time when you can practice as much as you can keeping the clock besides. There is no issue with time, if you are perfect with your solving power. You just need to concentrate more and more without any disturbance.
- Anything that you do should be well maintained and perfect. No matter what is the quantity of the questions that you are attending, the quality should be excellent.
- You should be highly motivated so that you should not be disheartened if you are unable to solve any question. Success is not far behind if you are perfect with your deeds. Go ahead!