ABOUT GMAT ENTRANCE EXAM
The GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is a 3½-hour standardized exam designed to predict how test takers will perform academically in MBA programs. GMAT scores are used by graduate business schools to make admission decisions.
GMAT registration is conducted all the time, i.e. throughout the year.
- Candidates can register online for GMAT.
- Interested candidates can register themselves for the exam as per their suitability.
- Candidates can choose the exam dates and exam center, according to their comfort.
- Candidates can give the exam five times in a year and one time within one month. Candidates can also re-schedule their exam date.
- Candidates are suggested to take a printout of a registration form and keep it safe for future references.
- The GMAT application fee is US $250 and approximately Rs. 17027.5 in India.
- The exam fee can be paid through Visa/MasterCard/American Express/JCB cards.
- The registration fee can also be paid by Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, and Personal Checks.
There are no fixed eligibility criteria provided for GMAT examination. Candidates can check the basic eligibility for the exam from here:
- Candidate must complete the minimum age of 18 years.
- There is no upper age limit.
GMAT exam pattern is given here:
Mode of Exam: It is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
Duration of Exam: GMAT is a 3-1/2 hours test.
Total marks: It is of maximum 800 marks.
Subjects: Total four subjects is included in the complete question paper, i.e. Analytical Reasoning, Verbal, Quantitative and Integrated Reasoning.
|Section||Time (in Min)||No. of Questions||Type of Question||Score Vary From|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||30||1||Analysis of Argument||0-6 in 0.5-point|
|Integrated Reasoning||30||12||Table Analysis, Graphics Interpretation, Two-part Analysis and Multi-Source reasoning||1-8 in 1-point|
|Optional 8 minutes break|
|Quantitative||75||37||Problem Solving and Data Sufficiency||0-60 in 1-point|
|Optional 8 minutes break|
|Verbal Reasoning||75||41||Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction, Reading, Comprehension||0-60 in 1-point|
Candidates are given three and a half hours to complete these four sections. The total score out of 800 is only for the verbal and quantitative sections. The remaining two sections receive their independent scores.
This section has a 30-minute essay which includes:
- Analytical Writing Assessment
- Integrated Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Reasoning
Analytical Writing Assessment
- Your writing skills and abilities
- Clarity and logic in your argument
- Overall relevance of your essay with respect to the given topic
Integrated Reasoning (IR)
- Multi source reasoning
- Graphics interpretation
- Table analysis
- Two-part analysis
Download refrential book pdf here – GMAT Pill for Integrated reasoning
|Number Systems and Number Theory||Permutation and Combination||Lines and angles|
|Multiples and factors||Monomials, polynomials||Triangles|
|Fractions||Algebraic expressions and equations||Quadrilaterals|
|Percentages||Exponents||Rectangular solids and Cylinders|
|Averages||Arithmetic and Geometric Progression||Coordinate geometry|
|Powers and roots||Quadratic Equations|
|Profit and Loss||Inequalities and Basic statistics|
|Simple and Compound Interest|
|Speed, Time, and Distance|
|Pipes, Cisterns, and Work Time|
|Ratio and Proportion|
|Mixtures and Alligations|
Download refrential book pdf here – R. S Agarwal Quantitive Aptitude
Students who prepare for gmat examination practice here in the same live enviourement free. Mock test link given below.To give mock test clicks here – MOCK TEST