About UPSEE BHMCT Entrance Exam
The UPSEE BHMCT is the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination, organized by UPTU (Uttar Pradesh Technical University) for seeking candidates in an undergraduate course in Hotel Management and catering technology. This is a state-level examination and the scores obtained in the exams will be considered for admissions in the reputed colleges in Uttar Pradesh. The UPSEE is usually held during the month of April. Another point about the entrance exam is that this test is also meant to select students in pharmacy, engineering, architecture, and even management courses.
|Application form availability||4th week of January 2020|
|Last date for payment of applications fee||1st week of April 2020|
|Last date for submission of applications||Last week of March 2020|
|Last date to issue admit card||4th week of April 2020|
|Date of Exam||Last week of April to 1st week of May 2020|
|Publishing of answer key||1st week of May 2020|
|Result Declaration||Last week of May 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling||Last week of June 2020|
Who Conducts UPSEE BHMCT Entrance Exam?
The entrance examination for degree level engineering institutions and other professional colleges has been assigned to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow .The Govt. of Uttar Pradesh, Technical Education Department, has consented for the constitution of Central Admission Board (CAB) under the Chairmanship of the Vice-Chancellor, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow to supervise and control the State Entrance Examination herein after referred as UPSEE being conducted by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
Candidates applying to UPSEE are required to pass their Class 12 or qualifying examination from any institution located in the state of Uttar Pradesh or any state outside of Uttar Pradesh (provided they furnish the domicile certificate of their father/mother stating that they are not domicile of the state of Uttar Pradesh).
Candidates are required to possess Aadhaar Card issued by the Government of India in order to be eligible to apply.
The duration of the UPSEE BHMCT entrance exam is 2 hours.
The application fee for the examination can be submitted online through credit card/ debit card/net banking. Additional transaction charges are to be paid by the candidate.
For Male/Transgender candidates of General/OBC category
For SC/ST category and Female/PH candidates of all categories
UPSEE BHMCT Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply for the UPSEE BHMCT exam through the online mode only via the official website of UPSEE. The application forms must be submitted within the given period of time. The application form is self-explanatory with necessary instructions wherever required. However, here is a detailed process for complete information on the application process:
Visit the official UPSEE website – https://upsee.nic.in/.
- Proceed for the registration process and provide details such as name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, domicile, mobile number, address, email ID, etc., provide details of your qualifying exam, course applied for, choose examination centre, and complete other details in the form.
- You will be asked to choose a security question and a password while filling the form. Keep the password safe till the admission process gets over.
- After the final submission, an application number will be generated. Note it down. The application number and the password are your login credentials for accessing your UPSEE profile for checking the admit card, result, etc.
- Now the next step is to upload the scanned images of your passport size photograph (in JPEG format of maximum file size 100 KB) and signature (in JPEG format of maximum file size 30 KB). Upload the scanned images at their designated fields and save them to proceed to the final stage of the application process.
Afterimage upload, you will be redirected to the fee payment .Select the mode of payment and make fee payment as per your category.
- On successful payment, download the confirmation page and take a print of the same. Please don’t send the hard copy/soft copy of the confirmation page to the exam conducting authority.
UPSEE BHMCT Exam Pattern
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Medium Of Question Paper||English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||4 Marks for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
UPSEE BHMCT Syllabus
The paper for BHMCT exam will comprise of questions to test the candidates on the following aspects:
- Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude
- Reasoning and Logical Ability
- Knowledge of English Language
- General Knowledge
Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude-
Arithmetical questions up to 10th standard
Profit & Loss and Interest calculations
Calculation of fractions, percentages, square roots, etc.
Data/Table analysis, Pie Chart analysis, and Graph & Bar Diagram
Health & Nutrition
Selection of related letters/words/numbers/figures
Completion of numerical series based on the pattern /logic
Fill in the blanks of the series based on the numerical pattern and logic of the series
Syllogisms (logic based questions), Identification of logic & selection of correct answers based on the logic
Meaning of Phrases & Idioms
Antonyms & Synonyms
Fill in the blanks
Completion/Improvement of the sentences with the correct use of Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs & Adjectives
Reading comprehensions followed by questions
Current affairs / Events (Political, Social, Cultural & Economics)
Countries & Currencies
Geography including Tourist Places/Spots
Current affairs relating to Business &Trade
Sports & Games
Career Opportunities and Job Prospectus
A degree in B.H.M.C.T. enables candidates for jobs in various hotels, resorts, catering companies, spa groups, fashion, and other hospitality-related jobs. Students who wish to pursue higher studies can go for a Master’s degree and MBA in the respective field for better career opportunities. The course serves best to the students who have always been fascinated by tourism, travel, food, and hospitality.
The average salary for a fresher annually is Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 4 lakh. The salary package is determined by various factors like college, professional experience, and communication skills which play a vital role in the hotel management industry. Popular job roles for B.H.M.C.T. graduates are the following:
- Front Desk Officer
- Catering Supervisor
- Catering Manager
- Catering Assistant
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
Top Recruiters after UPSEE BHMCT Exam
Some hotel chains that are known to hire hospitality graduates are listed in the table below:
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
- ITC Group of Hotels
- The Leela Palaces, Hotels & Resorts
- ITDC Group of Hotels
Popular Colleges For UPSEE BHMCT Exam-
- Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management
- LPU – Lovely Professional University
- Maharashtra State Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Shivaji Nagar, Pune
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- MMDU – Maharishi Markandeshwar Mullana
Q1) How can I pay the UPSEE exam fees?
The UPSEE examination fees can be paid either through Bank Challan (Through SBI Collect) or via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
Q2) Is there any negative marking in the UPSEE examination?
There is be no negative marking in UPSEE . However, a record of incorrect answers will be preserved by the authorities.
Q3) I passed my 12th examination outside UP but I am a resident of UP. Am I eligible for UPSEE ?
Yes, You can apply for UPSEE . However, at the time of document verification, you will have to show the domicile certificate of your parents to avail the benefits offered to domicile candidates.
I hope this article helped you!