About UKSEE BHMCT Entrance Exam
Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination or UKSEE will be conducted by Uttarakhand Technical Univerisity (UKTU). UKSEE will offer admission to undergraduate courses of Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and postgraduate courses of Master of Computer Application (MCA), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Technology (M. Tech), and Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm) in the institutions affiliated to UKTU. Candidates seeking admission to these courses will have to apply to and qualify in UKSEE in order to become eligible for the process of admission. The criteria of admission will be based upon the merit rank secured by the candidates in UKSEE.
|Application form availability||2nd week of April 2020|
|Last date for payment of applications fee||4th week of April 2020|
|Last date for submission of applications||4th week of April 2020|
|Admit Card||1st week of May 2020|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of May 2020|
|Result Declaration||4th week of May 2020|
UKSEE BHMCT Entrance Exam Eligibility
The eligibility criteria of UKSEE BHMCT which all the candidates are required to meet include the following:
1. The candidates must be the domicile of the state of Uttarakhand and produce a domicile certificate (if passed in the qualifying exam from any state other than Uttarakhand) at the time of admission.
2. Candidates are required to have passed in class 12 or higher secondary examination from a recognized university/council/board with English as a compulsory subject.
3. Candidates must obtain an aggregate of 45% (40% for the reserved categories) in class 12 or the qualifying examination.
UKSEE BHMCT Application Process
Mode of Application: Online
Mode of Payment: Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The step-by-step application process for UKSEE has been provided here. Candidates need to follow these steps so as to fill in the UKSEE application form .
- Registration: Candidates need to click on the ‘apply for UKSEE ‘ button that will be made available on the official website of UKSEE . Candidates are then required to read and check the terms of declaration before proceeding for registration. In the registration candidates are required to provide their personal details, choose the course they are applying to, check the declaration box and click on the submit button. On successful registration, a registration number will be generated which should be noted down by the candidates as it will be required for all future logins.
- Login and fill the application form: In this step, candidates need to enter their registration number and date of birth to log in and fill the application form of UKSEE . After filling in all the details, candidates need to proceed towards the next step.
- Documents upload: The candidates in this step are required to upload scanned images of required documents in the format and size as specified in the UKSEE application form.
- Printout of the application form: After the application fee is paid, the duly filled application form will be auto-generated which needs to be downloaded and saved by the candidates for future reference.
UKSEE BHMCT Exam Application Fees
|OBC, General||PWD||Female/Male/Transgender||Rs 1500|
|ST, SC||PWD||Female/ Male/ Transgender||Rs 750|
UKSEE BHMCT Exam Pattern
Type of Questions: There will be objective type questions asked in the exam.
Duration: The exam duration will be a total of two hours.
Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through pen and paper-based mode.
Answering Mode: Answers should be marked with a blue or black ballpoint pen.
Subjects: The subjects for various courses will be different as per the courses opted by the students.
Language: The language of question paper will be Hindi and English.
Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be provided for each correct response. More than one answer to a single question will be considered as an incorrect answer.
Negative Marking: No negative marking will be done for the wrong answers.
Syllabus for UKSEE BHMCT Entrance Exam
This section comprises Aptitude, Reasoning, English and General Knowledge. Some of the important topics which hold more importance in the exam are listed below.
Important topics for Reasoning :
- Logic & selection based questions
- Odd one out
- Series based questions
- Numerical series based on pattern
- Important topics for Aptitude :
- Calculation of Fraction
- Square root
- Profit & loss
- Simple interest calculations
- Data/table analysis
- Graph-based questions
- Pie chart analysis
- Questions related to the common use of Science (Physics & Chemistry)
Important portion for General knowledge :
- Current affairs/ events ( political, cultural, social, economical)
- Historical Events
- Trade countries
- Geography questions based on tourist places
- Who is who based questions (latest post based )
- Sports & Games
Important topics for English :
- word meaning
- Antonym Synonyms
- Idioms & Phrases
- Fill in the blanks
- Improvement based questions based on pronoun, verb, adverb, adjective
- Reading comprehensions followed by questions
Job and Career Prospectus
The growing hotel industry has opened many new options for BHMCT graduates. Apart from the hotel industry and restaurants, the students can also look for career options in sectors like cruise ships, tourism, airlines, and food craft institutes.
- Front Office Executive
- Assistant Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Sous Chef
Some of the top recruiters for BHMCT graduates are listed below:
- Taj Groups
- ITC Hotels
- The Oberoi Group
- Thomas Cook
- Cox and Kings
- Oberoi Hotels and Resorts
- Domino’s Pizza
BHMCT graduates are mainly employed in the Hotel and Tourism industry. The initial salary for these candidates is low but is bound to go high with experience. There are certain profiles that are commission-based and offer lucrative remunerations. The graph below charts the salary trend for various profiles associated with the BHMCT course.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Question: Who conducts the UKSEE examination?
Answer: UKSEE is a state level entrance examination conducted by the Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU).
Question: When I can get the UKSEE application form?
Answer: You can avail it from 15th April 2018.
Question: May I fill the application form by offline mode?
Answer: Application form can be filled through online mode only.
Question: Do I have to send the application form to the authority?
Question: is there any option for editing the personal details filled by me?
Answer: No, once the form will submit you cannot edit the information given by you
I HOPE THIS ARTICLE HELPED YOU