First and foremost, SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission – Combined
Graduate Level. As the name suggests it is a graduate level examination conducted by the staff selection commission for recruiting staff to various posts in ministries, departments and organizations of the Government of India. Jobs offered by SSC are classified into certain groups.
Both Online and offline application forms are generated each year as a huge number of aspirants apply for this exam. A minimal amount of fee is charged for the application form however; all women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying the application fee.
According to SSC CGL eligibility criteria, any graduate candidates in the age group of 18 to 32 years are eligible for the exam. However, the eligibility criteria vary as per posts.
The examination has several Tiers which are conducted every year over different days. Results are posted after each Tier. Tiers continue to remain same in number but their pattern changes frequently therefore it is very important to stay updated. Previous exams also included an interview tier, but following a government order, interviews have been dispensed off for all non-gazette posts in the central government. A computer proficiency test or a skill test is also added as a Tier for some posts. As of now there are four major tiers for exam.
SSC CGL Tier I
- The major sections tested in SSC CGL Preliminary Exam are General
Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
- It is a MCQ based online test. There are 100 questions in total, 2 marks each
- Each section has 25 questions and total of 50 marks, for every wrong answer negative marking is done.
- Based on results from Tier I, qualified candidates can then take the Tier II and Tier III exams
and Tier III exams
- The Mains Exam is conducted online and is an objective type multiple choice question exam. Candidates can choose their Medium as Hindi or English.
- There are majorly 4 sections and each section carries 200 marks.
- The sections tested in this Exam are Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies (Finance and Economics).
- For every wrong answer negative marking is done.
SSC CGL Tier 3
- The 3rd tier exam is descriptive type offline exam
- It will carries 100 marks and the duration of the paper is one hour.
- This Tier has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which are necessary for Government jobs.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in Tier I & Tier II, together, determine the eligibility of the candidates to appear in Tier III & Tier IV.
SSC CGL Tier 4
- Tier-TV of the Examination would continue to be the Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) / Computer Proficiency Test (CPT).
- The exam is qualifying in Nature.
SSC CGL Post Wise Salary after 7th CPC
In India SSC is one of Biggest Central Government Organization. Due to impressive SSC CGL Salary 2019, SSC Combined Graduate Level Jobs are most desirable among youngsters. After 7th Pay Commission, SSC CGL Job Salary has increased.
Applicants, who’ll select for any of the SSC CGL Posts, will get Minimum SSC CGL Post Salary of Rs 18,000 and maximum of Rs 50,000 in 7th pay commission.
|Name of the post||Grade pay|