|Exam NAME||National Science Olympiad|
|Commonly known as||NSO|
|Organizing authority||Science Olympiad Foundation (SFO)|
What is NSO?
Science Olympiad Foundation (SFO) conducts National Science Olympiad (NSO) every year in order to stimulate young students to aspire a fine perception of scientific facts and specifics. It intensifies logical thinking, research, difficulty clearing ability. School students from all over the world from class 1 to 12 may take part in this distinctive competition to test their grip on the subject, comprehension and skills. In order to excel the exam students may download the previous year’s question papers and practice them.
School students from all over the world from class 1 to 12 may take part in this distinctive competition to test their grip on the subject, comprehension and skills. Therefore no special eligibility criterion is quoted.
- Any student of class 1 to 12 studying anywhere in the world, is eligible to appear at Science Olympiad Foundation organized National Science Olympiad.
- At first, the schools have to be registered with the Science Olympiad Foundation. A student may appear at the National Science Olympiad if his/her school is registered with SOF. Individual registration is not permitted.
- The schools which are not registered with Science Olympiad Foundation (SFO) may also let their students appearing at the NSO. Here the condition is, these schools have to send an e-mail or make a phone call to SOF requesting for the prospectus.
- The registration forms are attached to the prospectuses and these prospectuses are sent to the respective schools.
- The schools have to return the registration forms to SOF, aptly filled up with all related documents within the deadline.
- A teacher from every school participating in National Science Olympiad (NSO) should coordinate the process for the corresponding school. He/she will generate the Roll Numbers for the participating students according to SOF guidelines.
- The relative schools will have to send a copy of those Roll Numbers together with Students’ Registration Sheets (SRS) and School Registration Form (SRF) to the Science Olympiad Foundation Office within the deadline.
- Science Olympiad Foundation will register the entrant school and their participating students. The Foundation will transmit the question papers and guidelines for governing the exam.
The Principal/coordinating teacher may register the corresponding school as a centre of exam. Science Olympiad Foundation does not take any charge for this, but at least 10 exam candidates are needed from a school to be considered as a National Science Olympiad Centre.
NSO Pattern:- The competition is a written test of 60 minutes duration comprising of objective-type, Multiple Choice questions. Each correct answer carries one mark. There will be a separate question paper for each class. The question paper will consists of two sections.
For class 1 to 4:-
The participant has to answer 35 questions in 60 minutes.
- Section I: Mental Ability (10 questions)
- Section II: Science (25 questions)
For class 5 to 10:-
The participant has to answer 50 questions in 60 minutes.
- Section I: Mental Ability (15 questions)
- Section II: Science (35 questions)
For class 11 to 12:-
For class 11 and 12, students can opt for Mathematics or Biology. There will be separate papers for each group.
- Section I: Mathematics (20 questions) or Biology (20 questions)
- Section II: Physics & Chemistry (30 questions)
Practice question from huge question bank. Identify your weak areas through detailed reports and strengthen the weak areas. Take more mock tests to improve your results and become exam ready.
Books/ Material for NSO preparation:-
- MTG NSO class wise Workbooks (For Class 1 to 10)
- SOF Olympiad Trainer’ Mobile Apps
- OSDS (Olympiad Skill Development System)
- Previous Years Papers
- Olympiad’s Book of Reasoning (for preparation for the reasoning section of NSO)
Results can be checked on the official site i.e. www.sofworld.org.