|Exam Name||XIC OET Entrance|
|Organizing Authority||St. Xaviers, Mumbai|
|Exam Type||University Entrance level exam|
|Programs Offered||PG Dilpomas|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
ABOUT THE EXAM
XIC OET (Xavier’s Institute of Communication Online Entrance Exam), conducted by St. Xaviers Mumbai is a Mass Communication Entrance Test. Xaviers Institute of Communications is an integral part of St. Xavier’s College.
Established in the year 1969, the Institution believes that Media is an excellent tool for integral development. XIC aims at transforming students slowly but surely into people who truly know how to live and contribute to our global human community. The institute conducts this test to provide admission to various postgraduate courses being offered by it in the field of mass communication.
|Application form availability||First week of April 2020|
|Admit Card Release||April and May 2020|
|Announcement of Result||First week of June 2020|
|Announcement of Final Selection||June 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Application||Third week of May 2020|
|Academic Sessions begins on||July 2020|
- Nationality– Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Education Qualification –Candidate should be a graduate from any stream like Arts, Commerce, Science, Management studies etc. Students in their final year can apply as well.
- Age Requirements –Candidate applying should not be more than 35 years of age.
It is vital for applicants to meet all the requirements to write the test and further take admission into the college.
APPLICATION FORM AND SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
- Registration –Firstly the candidate has to register themselves on the official website of XIC. After candidates register successfully they can login to their accounts and proceed towards the next step of XIC OET application process.
- Documents to be uploaded
- Candidate’s Signature
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Application Fee –Students have to pay the application fees of amount INR 3,000 including 14% service tax. Fee can be paid through online mode only.
- Submission –Application form must be submitted before the last date as mentioned above. Students are advised to download and take the printout of filled in application form for future reference.
A crucial document for able to write the entrance is Admit card. Without one, candidates are not allowed to take the test. XIC OET admit card is sent to only the successfully registered candidates via an e-mail. Applicants should keep the card safely and bring it along for writing the test.
HOW TO APPLY?
Following are the steps to fill XIC application form:
- Visit the official website of Xavier Institute of Communications and go to ‘New Registration’.
- Fill the application form by entering the details such as name, e-mail ID, phone number, address etc.
- Students have to upload the required documents.
- Save and submit the application form.
- The next step is to pay the application form via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- After the payment, the receipt should be kept safe.
- General and Media Knowledge –Candidate’s aptitude is tested through this section. It also includes current affairs, international news, Economy news etc.
- Language Skills –Questions related to English grammar are asked in this section.
- Logical and Analytical Skills – In this section, students should practice the questions from the topics like Series, Blood Relations, Directions, Critical Reasoning, Syllogism and Analogy.
- Entrance Exam consists of two sections, objective and subjective type.
- Time allotted for the entrance exam is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Objective questions are asked from the subjects such as Language Skills, General Knowledge and Knowledge of Media, Logical and Analytical Skills
- Subjective section contains questions based on Social values, Media, creativity.
Following are the various examination centers:
- New Delhi
Students can select the examination center of their preference at the time of filling online application form. Once the examination center is selected cannot be changed later.
|2.||Journalism & Mass Communication||55|
|4.||dvertising & Marketing Communications||60|
Result can be viewed only via online mode. In order to view it, applicants have to enter their registration number on the registered site. June is the month when result is released by the University on the official website. For the final selection, an interview is also conducted and then only a list of final selected candidates is published on the website. Result consists of the total grades and marks secured by the student and a download of the same is advised to keep for future use.