|EXAM NAME||JMI entrance exam|
|EXAM TYPE||University Level Entrance Exam|
|PROGRAMS OFFERED||Journalism and Mass Media courses|
|MODE OF EXAM||Offline|
About JAMIA MILLIA ISLAMIA University
Established in the year 1920, Jamia is ranked 3rd among the top 25 central universities in India. The word “Jamia” means University and “Millia” means National. Aim of the Institution is to follow the guidance of the almighty God, destroy evil and spread positivity in the name of God. Originally the Institution was established in Aligarh. The foundation was constituted to relieve India from its struggle for culture differences and education. Shaykh-ul-Hind Maulana Mahmood-ul-Hasan laid the foundation stone of the Institution. Najma Heptulla is the current Chancellor of the University and Najma Akhtar is currently serving as the Vice-Chancellor.
Jamia provides a vast number of programmes including schooling, graduate, post-graduate, Ph.D, M.Phil along with post-doctoral education.
|Notification regarding the exam||In the month of March|
|Application form availability||2nd week of March to 2nd week of April|
|Admit card release||First week of July|
|Announcement of result||One month after the exam|
|Announcement of final selection||3rd/4th week of August|
|Last date to submit the Application||2nd week of April|
|Final date to submit documents||2nd week of April|
|Academic session begins on||On the 1st of august of every year|
Only Indian Nationals are qualified to apply for the Admission test.
- Qualification Eligibility-
The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline. Along with that, he/she should have secured at-least 50% marks at graduation level.
Applicant must be a minimum of 17 years old for UG programs and 21 years of age for PG programs.
Application form and Submission procedure:
Interested candidates can register themselves up for writing the examination on the University’s website. Application process begins on the 2nd week of March.
Documents to be uploaded
The list of documents to be uploaded is following-
- Self attested colored Passport size photograph (size should not be more than 100KB)
- Self attested valid ID card
- Scanned signature (size should not be more than 100KB)
Application fee for JMI Mass Communication entrance is Rs.700 and is the same for everyone regardless of caste, religion and gender.
Candidates must read all the instructions carefully before fill in the application and also should fulfill the eligible criteria. Also, they are advised to fill application before the last date of submission in order to avoid hassle.
Admit card gets released two weeks before the main exam. Candidates must bring the admit card or the hall ticket when coming to attend it. Without it, nobody will be allowed to attend the entrance. Admit card is usually called ‘Hall Ticket’ or ‘Call Letter’. Applicants can download call letter from the official website. Following are the steps to download admit card-
- Visit the link of the official website.
- Click on the JMI admit card link.
- Enter the applicant’s details i.e. registration number, date of birth etc.
- Download the hall ticket.
- The final step is to take the printout of the admit card.
Candidates are advised to take two print outs of the admit card as they have to submit one copy at the time of examination.
How to apply ?
Aspiring candidates can fill the application by following a few simple steps:
- Click on the link of Jamia’s website.
- Next, click on the tab of ‘New registration’ and register yourself with the website.
- Fill out personal details such as name, date of birth, guardian’s details, address etc.
- Fourth step is uploading the required documents and save the details.
- After reviewing the application one must submit the application and also print the application for future use.
Syllabus for JMI Mass Communication entrance is divided into four parts:
- PART A
- PART B
The first part consists of Multiple Choice Questions and the objective of the test is to check the general aptitude of the candidate-
# National and International news
# General Intelligence
# Film, Television and other types of media
# Art, literature and culture
Part B includes Subjective/Descriptive/Theory. The paper comprises of essays and essay type questions. This paper checks the creative ability, visualization, story-telling and critical understanding of the candidates.
Duration allotted for both parts is three hours in total.
Applicants who successfully clear the entrance exam are only eligible for the Interview and Portfolio round.
Jamia conducts its entrance in the following seven centers:
- 43% seats are reserved for the general category.
- 30% of the total seats are reserved for the students who are Muslims.
- 10% of seats are fixed for candidates who are Women Muslims.
- 10% of the seats belongs to OBC’s and ST’s who are Muslims
- 5% of the seats belong to physically challenged persons.
- 2% seats are fixed for candidates passed out from Jamia schools.
Candidates who have appeared in the examination can check their results. Result is released online on the registered website. Declaration of result is done between last week of July and initial week of August. Candidates can their rank and marks secured in the examination after entering their registration number, name, address etc.