|EXAM NAME||IIMC ENTRANCE EXAM|
|ORGANISING AUTHORITY||MINISTRY OF INFORMATION AND BROADCASTING|
|EXAM TYPE||University Level Entrance Exam|
|PROGRAMS OFFERED||Journalism and Mass Media courses|
|MODE OF EXAM||Offline|
ABOUT IIMC Entrance Exam
IIMC stands for Indian Institute of Mass Communication. IIMC was established in the year 1965. Its main campus is located in New Delhi. Odisha, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Jammu & Kashmir, Kerala are few of its Regional Campuses. IIMC is a prestigious Institute known for teachings in wide areas like Journalism and Mass Communication. It has been ranked No.1 Media Institute in the Nation by both India Today and The Week-Hansa annual ranking of Educational Institutions in 2018.
IIMC conducts Entrance Exam every year for PG Diplomas. It offers PG Diplomas in Hindi Journalism, English Journalism, Radio & TV Journalism, Advertising & PR, Urdu Journalism, Marathi Journalism and the list goes on. The entrance test will be of 75 marks
|Notification regarding the test||February or March|
|Application form availability||2nd week of March|
|Admit card release||2nd or 3rd week of May|
|Announcement of result||Last week of June|
|Announcement of final selection||2nd or 3rd week of July|
|Last date to submit tuition fee||3rd week of July|
|Final date to submit required documents||Last week of August|
|Academic sessions begins on||First week of August|
Only Indian Nationals are qualified to apply for the IIMC Admission test.
Qualification Eligibility :
One must possess a Bachelor’s Degree granted by a recognized university/ institutes are accepted for admission. Students who are still pursuing UG degrees and are in the final year, can apply too. Candidates should have scored at least 50% marks in their graduation.
Age Limit :
Age limit differs for every category. For general, one must not be above 25 years of age. For SC/ST/Physically disabled candidates, the maximum age limit is 30 years and 28 years for OBC candidates.
Application Form and Submission Procedure:
Aspiring candidates can apply for admission at the official website (provided above). To register, candidates have to click on the tab “Admissions” and after that on ‘PG Diploma courses’ and then finally click on the link for New Registration. For the successful registration, following details are required:-
- Course Details: The name of the desirable PG course should be filled. Candidates can register for multiple courses but can pursue only one finally.
- Applicant Details: All the basic and personal details of the applicant such as name, guardian’s details, date of birth, category, address, e-mail etc are essential while filling the form.
- Qualifications: This section demands the educational details of the candidate which includes name of school, college/ university, percentage scored, grades, passing year, extra curriculum.
- Exam Centre: This step includes the specifying of the examination centre which is nearest to the applicant’s residence. Two preferences are required.
Documents to Be Uploaded:
The applicants need to upload only two documents which are a scanned copy of their signature and photograph. The size of both should be between 10-20kb.
The fee for Entrance Examination is Rs 1,500 for each course for General Category and Rs 1,000 for OBC / SC/ST/PH/EWS category.
Candidates are advised to study the instructions and their application form carefully as further correction in the form is denied. After the successful registration a URN (Unique Registration Number) is issued to the aspirant. The unique number should be kept safely as it further provides access to admit card and final result.
Registered candidates can download admit card from the authoritative website by entering their name, date of birth and the assigned unique number. Admit card holds all the essential details of the applicant and the date, time and venue of the examination. It is utmost important for the candidate to be present with the admit card as without one, entry is prohibited.
HOW TO APPLY ?
Following steps should be followed in order to apply for IIMC:
- Visit the official website the link to which is already provided above.
- Click on admissions and then further click on ‘Apply Now’.
- A registration form will appear and the aspirant has to fill in the form.
- The second last step is to upload the required documents.
- Finally, it is the payment step and after successful registration, the candidate will receive verification on the provided e-mail, an application number and a unique number as well.
The syllabus is just not a regular one. Aspiring candidate should have complete knowledge of the surroundings and what is currently happening:
- General Awareness: General Awareness makes the majority of questions, especially questions from the political world are asked more often.
- Aptitude: Just to check the mental ability of the candidate.
- Language: Skills in both written and oral language is must. Although it purely depends upon the language course one is opting for like fluent English in English Journalism, Hindi for Hindi journalism and so on.
- Awareness regarding the current happenings in the Society.
Applicants have to mention the nearest centre to their residents while filling the form. The exam is conducted in numerous centres including Delhi, Ahemdabad, Amravati, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Guwahati, Jaipur, Pune, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Patna, Srinagar and the list goes on.
|CITY||PROGRAM OFFERED||TOTAL SEATS|
Advertising and PR
Radio and Television
|KOTTAYAM||Marathi Journalism |
| 17 |
IIMC declares result in the month of June usually in the third week. Students who all appeared for the examination can check their respective results on the official website. The qualifying candidates are promoted for the group discussion and personal interview.
Applicants can view the cut-off once the result is announced. It depends upon various factors such as allocation of seats, difficulty level of exam, previous year cutoff trends etc.