ABOUT VITEEE ENTRANCE EXAM
Vellore Technical University conducts a online examination regrding to the addmission in undergraduation engineering courses. It also offer the online test for professional courses. The score of Vellore Technical University Entrance Examination is key to take admission in the different colleges of Kerala. Examinations are a crucial part in student’s life. Each and every student aspires to become an engineer, doctor, journalist, etc. It is neither that difficult to clear the entrance nor that easy. You just need to polish your inner and practical skills towards your field of interest and you have a long way to go. Examinations stay since the time of your birth till the time you enter a perfect job. You have to put some great efforts to make your way out of the crowd.
|EXAM LEVEL||Under Graduate|
|CATEGORY||National Level Examination|
|CONDUCTING BODY||Vellore Technical University|
|FREQUENCY OF EXAM||1 Year|
|VALIDITY SCORE||1 Year|
|Availability of online application forms||First week of November 2018|
|Availability of offline application forms||Second week of November 2018|
|Release of VITEEE 2019 Mock Test||First week of January 2019|
|Last date of submission of application forms||Second week of March 2019|
|Commencement of slot booking||Third week of March 2019|
|Availability of admit cards||Third week of March 2019|
|VITEEE 2019 exam||First and Second week of April 2019|
|Result Declaration||Fourth week of April 2019|
|Counselling||Second and Third week of May 2019|
VITEEE ENTRANCE EXAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination (QE) with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer Science as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study are eligible to apply for VIT exam.
- Aspirants who have secured minimum of 45% marks in the optional subjects in the QE are eligible for to apply for Engineering/Technology courses (40% for QE in case of SC, ST, Category-I and OBC category candidates).
- The marks obtained by a candidate in Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer Science in the QE, will be considered in place of Chemistry in case the marks obtained by him/her Chemistry are lesser than what the required aggregate percentage. However, this will be done only for the purpose of determination of eligibility and not for the purpose of determination of rank, in respect of Engineering / Technology courses.
- The Engineering rank list will be prepared and published based on the candidate’s performance in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in both VIT 2018 as well as QE wherein the marks of each exam will be taken in equal proportion.
- For (BTech) Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Food Science and Technology, Bachelor of Fishery Science, and BSc in Agriculture Marketing and Co-operation course.
- KCET 2018 eligibility criteria for the above mentioned courses states that candidates can apply for these courses if they have passed their qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as optional subjects.
- Also, based on the performance of the candidates in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects in both CET and QE by taking the marks in equal proportions, common rank list will be prepared and published separately for admission.
|Category||Application Fee||Bank Charges||E-Post Office Charges|
|General/OBC||1150||Rs. 10||Rs. 12|
|SC/ST/Category 1||500||Rs. 10||Rs. 12|
|Candidates qualifying Pre-University and 12th standard from state other than Tamilnadu||750||Rs. 10||Rs. 12|
VITEEE ENTRANCE EXAM APPLICATION PROCESS
- Registration: The candidates have to register themselves using their email id and date of birth.
- Filling VITEE 2019 Application Form: Personal, academic and contact details have to be filled by the candidates.
- Upload Photograph and Signature: A photograph and signature of the candidates as per the required specifications will have to be uploaded.
- Payment of fee: The application fee has to be paid through online via net banking/credit card/debit card/cash card/mobile wallet or offline mode (demand draft).
VITEEE ENTRANCE EXAM PATTERN
The exam type of VITEE is online and offline both.The main exam divided into three parts physics, chemistry and mathematics.
|VITEE Exam Section||Number of Question||Maximum Marks|
VITEEE ENTRANCE EXAM SYLLABUS
Permutations and Combinations
Sequences and Series
Matrices and Determinants
Relations and Functions
Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
Two Dimensional Geometry
Straight Lines and Pair of Straight Lines
Circles and Family of Circles
Three Dimensional Geometry
|Units and Dimensions|
Solids and Fluids
Heat and Thermodynamics
Ray and Wave Optics
Electrostatics, Current Electricity and Magnetostatics
Electromagnetic Induction and Electromagnetic Waves
Oscillations and Waves
Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Equilibrium and Thermodynamics
Electrochemistry, Kinetics and Surface Chemistry
Solid State and Solutions
D, f-Block Elements
Basic Organic Chemistry and Techniques
Hydrocarbons, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
Aldehydes, Ketones, Carboxylic Acids and Amines
Polymers and Biomolecules
Chemistry in Everyday Life
VITEEE ENTRANCE EXAM COUNSELLING
Candidates must have the following at the time of counselling
- All Ticket of VITEE 2018 and 12th Standard Qualifying Examination
- 10th Standard Certificate to prove Date of Birth
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate from the School last attended
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Other documents as per the counselling letter
VITEEE ENTRANCE EXAM RESULT
How to check result. Go through the given steps –
- The candidates will have to enter their registration number and date of birth
- Click on Submit
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
VITEEE ENTRANCE EXAM MERIT LIST
- In case, 2 or more candidates share the same merit rank, then the tie-breaking policy will be applicable to judge the merit. In such a case, the candidate with higher scores in Physics+Chemistry+Mathematics will be given higher rank.
- If still the tie does not break, then candidate having higher marks in Physics+Mathematics will be given higher rank.
- In case, the tie is not broken still, then the candidate with higher marks in Mathematics will be given higher rank.
- And if still the tie-exists, then the senior candidate as per Date of Birth (DOB), will be given higher rank and preference.