ABOUT GATE ECE ENTRANCE EXAM
The most important thing is you can take the help of last year questions papers or say sample papers. You can solve them as much as you can and practice them on a regular basis at the time of your vacations. This makes you faster, quick, and capable of solving the paper easily. GATE is not as easy and not as tough. It just requires practice and the presence of mind with full concentration. The topics included in the question paper include verbal ability, numerical ability, engineering mathematics, electronics and communication engineering which involve a huge number of topics. All the best for your preparation and go ahead.
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/Examination (Descriptive)||Description of Eligible candidates||Year of Qualification cannot be later than|
|B.E./B.Tech.||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology with elecctronics and communiccation (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2020|
|B.Sc. (ECE)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in ECE(Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2020|
|Start Date for GATE Application Form Through GOAPS||1st September 2019|
|Last Date for GATE Application Form||28th September 2019|
|Minor modifications in GATE Application Form||28th September 2019|
|Change in category, gender and PwD status|| Last week of October to 1st week of November 2019|
|Change in exam city in Application Form of GATE||15th November 2019|
|GATE Mock Test||November 2019|
|GATE 2020 Exam schedule announced||March 16, 2020|
|GATE 2020 Admit Card Availability||3rd January 2020|
|GATE Exam|| |
1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th February 2020
|Answer Key availability of GATE 2020|| |
|GATE Answer Key challenge date|| |
|GATE 2020 Result||16th March 2020|
|Availability of GATE 2020 Score Card||20th March 2020 to 31st May 2020|
GATE is considered to be the standard examination conducted not only for post graduation admissions but also to open the gates for lucrative opportunities in several public sector enterprises and research organizations. Based on the score achieved in GATE, admissions are offered in IITs, IISc, and NITs, and abundant opportunities for campus placements with salary packages ranging from Rs. 6 lakh to 30 lakh. Candidates on qualifying GATE, get a financial aid of 8000/- pm in the form of UGC scholarship. Students interested in management can swing in the management line by pursuing a PG Diploma of 2 years in Industrial Engineering. Some institutes in India also offer admissions in the post Graduate programmes on the basis of GATE score.
Exam Duration – 3 hours (180 minutes)
Number of Questions Asked – 65
Total Marks – 100
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
- For 1-mark MCQs, 1/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect attempt.
- In case of 2-mark MCQs, the candidate will be penalised 2/3 mark for wrong attempt
- For questions that aren’t attempted, zero marks will be awarded.
- There is no negative marking for numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
- General Aptitude*
- Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry)*
- Subject-specific section
|General Aptitude (GA) : Common in all papers|
|AE: Aerospace Engineering||PH: Physics|
|AG: Agricultural Engineering||PI: Production and Industrial Engineering|
|AR: Architecture and Planning||TF: Textile Engineering and Fibre Science|
|BT: Biotechnology||XE -A: Engineering Mathematics|
|CE: Civil Engineering||XE-B: Fluid Mechanics|
|CH: Chemical Engineering||XE-C: Materials Science|
|CS: Computer Sc. and Information Technology||XE-D: Solid Mechanics|
|CY: Chemistry||XE-E: Thermodynamics|
|EC: Electronics and Communication Engineering||XE-F: Polymer Science and Engineering|
|EE: Electrical Engineering||XE – G: Food Technology|
|EY: Ecology and Evolution||XE – H: Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences|
|GG: Geology and Geophysics||XL – P: Chemistry|
|IN: Instrumentation Engineering||XL-Q: Biochemistry|
|MA: Mathematics||XL-R: Botany|
|ME: Mechanical Engineering||XL – S: Microbiology|
|MN: Mining Engineering||XL – T: Zoology|
|MT: Metallurgical Engineering||XL – U: Food Technology|
|PE: Petroleum Engineering|
- GATE ECE examination consists only of multiple and numerical answer type questions, hence only correct answer fetches marks.
- Practice previous year question papers and analyze the weak topics and concentrate more on those topics. Candidates must try to solve the papers in a given time limit to obtain an idea as to how many questions are solved within the allotted time.
- Impart equal emphasis on both theory and numerical problems.
- Browse through the GATE ECE syllabus for topics allotted more weightage and prepare them.
- Group Study is an effective way to brush up knowledge about technical topics with fellow partners and also helps to explore new techniques and methods to better understand the topics.
- Do not make wild guess as there is negative marking associated with the questions.
- Prepare the list of important definitions, equations, derivations, theorems, laws in every subject.
- Pay more attention while attempting linked and common data questions
ANSWER KEY 2020
Students who are attempt the Gate ECE Entrance exam for taking admission in IITs and want to do post graduation from well reputated college, can check here their answer key only clicking on a single link which is given below –
Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC) – Question PaperAnswer Key
GATE qualifying cutoff for ECE